Thursday, April 14, 2011

God's timing vs. mine...

Okay, so they're a bit different...well...a lot different. I'm not good at waiting. I'm learning to wait, but I'm still not good at it.

When I get the first sound of a plan that I think is God inspired, I want to move...now...not later, let's just GO!

But that is rarely the plan God has. He has set in motion certain things in my life but I want to treat it like I build a piece of IKEA furniture. I can look at the picture and easily decipher how to put it together to make it look like the picture. "Who needs to read all the instructions? Tab A goes to Slot A, let's GO"

But God wants me to look at all the instructions. How about you? Do you ever feel the need, want, or experience hurry-ness to get done what you think God wants to do in your life without waiting for the full instructions? Do you get impatient with the waiting? Feel like your chomping at the bit waiting to race off and do all this good for God instead of waiting for His next nudging?

Yeah me too. So I have to remember, "and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness;" 2Peter 1:6.

Thanks for letting me share.

No comments:

Post a Comment